BULLDOGS ENSHRINE 4 TO HALL OF FAME!
By William for www.mcpherson-county-ks.com
MCPHERSON – The McPherson College Athletic Department on Saturday enshrined four new members to the Bulldog Hall of Fame. The class for 2019 included two from the track and field program, one from the men’s basketball program and one from the softball program.
2019 BULLDOG HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES:
- Class of 1977
- Cross Country / Track and Field
- DeWayne Jackson had a standout career for the Bulldog cross country program as he was a four-time All-KCAC selection in cross country, as well as a four-time qualifier for the NAIA National Cross Country Meet. At one time, Jackson held the 5-mile KCAC course record.
- Class of 1977
- Track and Field
- Stacy Miles was a standout thrower for the women’s track and field team in the mid 1970’s. Twice Miles won the KCAC championships (1976 & 1977) in the shot put, and once in discus (1977). Miles is a former Bulldog record holder in both the shot put and javelin throw.
- Class of 1990
- Men’s Basketball
- Mike Rohn played just two seasons for the Bulldogs in 1988-89, but had a mighty impact on the program. Rohn was named First Team All-KCAC both seasons and was named KCAC Newcomer of the Year in 1988. The following year, Rohn was named the KCAC MVP. Rohn made 49% of his three-point attempts during the 1988089 season, which is still a Bulldog school record.
- Class of 2008
- Courtney Rierson spent two seasons in a Bulldog uniform (2007 & 2008). In Rierson’s senior season she hit .492, had an on-base percentage of .619 and a slugging percentage of .921. Rierson was KCAC Newcomer of the Year for 2007 and in both seasons was named to the KCAC’s All-Conference team as a First-Team Selection. Rierson was also a standout in the classroom and was named a Daktronics Scholar Athlete both in 2007 & 2008.
All four of the 2019 inductees were standout athletes for their respective programs and since leaving McPherson College, they have all gone on to be excellent ambassadors for the school.
(Check us out at www.facebook.com/mcphersoncountyks/)
(Post is SPONSORED by CrossDove Writers)