INMAN CITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING, OCT. 14, 2019
The Inman City Council met in regular session on Monday, October 14, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Office building.
- Darin Pote, Scott Schriner, Dennis Schroeder and Mayor Jim Toews.
- ABSENT – Dave Thiessen and Don Froese (he arrived later at 7:32 p.m.)
- OTHERS: Bobby Herron, Rod Boerger, Kent Sallee, Diane Miller, Conrad Wagler, Milton Collins and Barbara Tuxhorn.
- Conrad Wagler – Asked the city to clarify the definition of mini electric cycles in order to make them street legal. Herron stated that the city attorney advised they are illegal under current state law and not to change the law until the state does. It was tabled.
- Kent Sallee – Made a presentation about Bike Fixstation, small upright stations where bicycles can be fixed. Costs are up to $942. Sallee also indicated that a bike rack is needed at the city library. No action was taken.
- Diane Miller – Introduced herself as a new reporter for the McPherson News-Ledger.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA:
- Don Froese – Asked that drainage at the police station be added under the police report.
CITY COUNCIL MEETING:
- Scott Schriner motioned to approve the minutes of the September 9, 2019 meeting. Dennis Schroeder seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
- PAYMENT OF BILLS – After questions were answered, Darin Pote motioned to approve the Appropriation Ordinance 2019-09 for September checks 15636 to 15664 and Appropriation Ordinance 2019-10 for October checks 15665 to 15717. Scott Schriner seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
- The governing body also received copies of various September cash and budgetary reports and the reconciled bank statement.
- Scott Schriner motioned to approve the adjustments to the budget. Dennis Schroeder seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
- Don Froese met with property owners north of the Police Department building regarding drainage in the back. They too have problems and are willing to work with the city to resolve the problem.
- Bill Tracy has completed field training.
- The records management system may require some computer updating.
- Security cameras were installed at the community building.
- Milton Collins advised the vegetation remains around the fire hydrant at 103 W. Gordon. He said he will contact the owner.
- Discussed creating city assistance for residents required to replace damaged sidewalks.
- The concrete trails at the park should be completed soon.
- Three broken sidewalk sections along Center at the park will also be replaced.
- A bid will be sought to place concrete around the splash pad pump house.
- Don Froese motioned to approve a contract with Wray Roofing to re-roof the city library for 29,612. Scott Schriner seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
- City Council approved an extension to December 31, 2019 for Rod Boerger to use his excess vacation time.
- Jim Toews asked that a missing museum sign along W. Center be replaced.
- After researching, the Kansas Rural Water Association advised that well #3 be examined as it is pumping sand and that well #4 is not more expensive to use overall.
- Dennis Schroeder motioned to appoint Barbara Tuxhorn as the Zoning and Subdivision Administrator and Floodplain Manager, as well as appoint Rod Boerger as the Deputy for same three positions. Don Froese seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
- On October 21, the Board of Zoning Appeals will hear the variance application by Luminous Neon for advertising signs on the City’s north tract.
- Scott Schriner motioned to approve the final draft of the updated Personnel Policies & Guidelines. Darin Pote seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
- Due to the McPherson Sentinel reducing its publication to twice weekly, a charter ordinance designating the city’s web page as the city’s official newspaper will be presented next month.
Darin Pote motioned to adjourn the City Council Meeting at 9:21 p.m. Dennis Schroeder seconded the motion. Passed 4-0.
A special meeting will be held on Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Next regular City Council Meeting will be on Monday, November 11 at 7:00 p.m.
(Check us out at www.facebook.com/mcphersoncountyks/)
(Today’s Minutes of the Meeting is SPONSORED by CrossDove Writers)