INMAN WILL BE YOUNG ON THE COURT!
By William for www.mcpherson-county-ks.com
INMAN – Last season was golden for the Inman boys’ basketball team as they rode a pack of seniors to a 22-3 season while finishing third at the Class 2A state tournament in Hays.
Now the Teutons get ready to hit the hardwood for the 2019-20 season and Head Coach Brett Froese sees nothing but youngsters as he graduated his entire starting five.
WHO DOES NOT RETURN THIS SEASON?
- All five starters plus the top Teuton reserve have all graduated.
- Mason Thiessen, 1st Team All-State Class 2A
- Payton Froese, 2nd Team All-State Class 2A
WHO DOES RETURN?
Two players that Coach Froese will have that did play a lot of minutes last season will be:
- Jace Doerksen, a six-foot-two sophomore
- Mason Carter, a six-foot-three junior
Six Teutons for whom the team will need to step up their game for 2019-20:
- Kolby Blank, a five-foot-eleven senior
- Sam Kleinherinbrook, a six-foot senior
- Derick Johnson, a six-foot-one junior
- Brenton Thiessen, a six-foot-two junior
- Kyler Konrade, a five-foot-nine sophomore
- Kendon Blank, a five-foot-nine sophomore
NEWCOMER(S) THAT MAY SEE PLAYING TIME?
- Dawson Mannebach, a six-foot-three sophomore
- Eli Brunk, a six-foot-two freshman
WHAT DOES COACH FROESE BRING TO THE BENCH?
- This will be his 10th season as head coach for the Teutons program.
- Last season he led the team to a 22-3 record and a third-place finish at the Class 2A state tournament in Hays.
- Coach Froese is 138-69 overall in his nine seasons at Inman.
WHAT COACH FROESE SAYS ABOUT THE UPCOMING 2019-20 TEUTON SEASON?
- “We are going to be super young and super inexperienced at the varsity level.”
- “I like some of the skill these kids possess and overall, we should shoot the ball better from the outside than we did a year ago.”
- “We are going to really have to focus on rebounding the ball and taking care of it as well.”
- “I think this team should be more up tempo that previous teams and I do think we will be able to create some good depth throughout the season as I think these kids will compete and play hard every game.”
- “It’s obviously going to be a learning process when you graduate six seniors that went back-to-back state tournaments and two of them are now playing college ball.”
- “As normal, our league will be very tough once again in 2019-20.”
- “I’m just looking forward to getting started with this team as we have a lot of learning to do to figure out what style we can play both offensively and defensively.”
- “Our tank of players in Inman isn’t dry as we have a lot of young talent now and coming up in the future, and I can’t wait to get started with this group.”
The Inman Teutons will open the 2019-20 season on Friday, December 6, when they play host to Goessel.
(Check us out at www.facebook.com/mcphersoncountyks/)
(Post is SPONSORED by CrossDove Writers)