A MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND REMINDER!!
Traffic Stop Tuesday Postings are presented by the McPherson Police Department
This Tuesday they are talking about ‘OPEN CONTAINER’.
With the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend ahead, we would like to remind everyone ‘Not to Drink and Drive’, and please plan ahead by using a Designated Driver, Making Alternative Transportation Plans, or staying where you are at if you may be under the influence.
In addition to Kansas DUI (Driving Under the Influence) law, Standard Traffic Ordinance, Sec. 106 against Open Containers states:
- No person shall transport in any vehicle upon a highway or street any alcoholic beverage.
- UNLESS such beverage is: in the original unopened package or container, the seal of which has not been broken and from which the original cap, cork, or other means of closure has not been removed.
- In the locked rear trunk or rear compartment, or any locked outside compartment which is not accessible to any person in the vehicle while it is in motion.
- Or if a motor vehicle is not equipped with a trunk, behind the last upright seat or in an area not normally occupied by they driver or passenger.
- In the exclusive possession of a passenger in a vehicle which is a recreational vehicle or a bus, who is not in the driving compartment of such vehicle or who is in a portion of such vehicle from which the driver is not directly accessible.
We hope this reminder helps reduce the number of people injured and/or killed on the roadways each year due to people driving under the influence, and the number of open container violations.
As always, our Officers will be actively looking for drivers under the influence and will be strictly enforcing the Kansas DUI laws.
Have a safe Memorial Day Holiday Weekend, and please ‘DO NOT DRINK and DRIVE, PLAN AHEAD!!
Designate a driver, make alternative transportation plans, or stay where you are at, if you may be under the influence.
(TRAFFIC STOP TUESDAY is SPONSORED by CrossDove Writers)