BEING CAREFUL ON INDEPENDENCE DAY!!
Traffic Stop Tuesday Postings are presented by the McPherson Police Department
This Tuesday they are talking about ‘FIREWORKS’.
June is NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH!
Today, ‘Traffic Stop Tuesday’ is going to discuss FIREWORKS AND THE CITY FIREWORKS ORDINANCE!
Within the City of McPherson, fireworks may only be discharged on July 2 and July 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., and on July 4 from 10:00 a.m. until midnight!
Please review the McPherson City Ordinance regarding Fireworks below for additional information.
McPherson City Ordinance 34-92 on the Sale and Discharge of Fireworks stats:
- No person shall sell or discharge fireworks within the city, except between July 2 and July 4, inclusive, in each year, and –
- Only between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m., except that fireworks may be discharged from 10:00 a.m. to Midnight on July 4.
For purposes of this article “FIREWORKS” shall mean:
- Any pyrotechnical device regulated by the regulations of the Kansas State Fire Marshal.
- Except as provided in this section, FIREWORKS, which are lawfully permitted under such regulations, may be sold or discharged within the city.
- FIREWORKS shall not be sold or fired at any time on public property, in the public streets or in the central business district of the city which is defined as that area bounded on the north by Woodside Street, on the south by Sutherland Street, on the east by Ash Street, and on the west by Maple Street.
All FIREWORKS shall at all times be sold, purchased, stored, and discharged in accordance with state regulations.
The governing body may grant special permission for pyrotechnical displays at such times and places as the governing body may determine.
In addition to federal and state prohibitions, the following TYPES OF FIREWORKS SHALL NOT BE SOLD OR USED within the city limits unless part of an authorized pyrotechnical display:
- Bottle Rocket Fireworks.
- Lanterns, Sky Lanterns or any other uninhabited free-floating device which includes a flame or other heating device to heat air as a lifting mechanism.
- Metal Sparklers or other hand-held fireworks that burn slowly while emitting flames, sparks, and other effects that also contain a stiff metal wire covered in part by a dried slow-burning pyrotechnic composition.
- Bamboo sparklers shall be permitted.
ADDITIONALLY – the fine for his ordinance violation is $75.00 plus court costs for this ordinance violation which is $78.00. Violation can bring a total cost of $153.00.
CELEBRAT SAFETY and have a GREAT INDEPENDENCE DAY!!
(TRAFFIC STOP TUESDAY is SPONSORED by CrossDove Writers)