By William / www.mcpherson-county-ks.com
MCPHERSON – On Wednesday, November 10, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment released some new numbers regarding COVID-19 and while the area church previously listed is no longer on the listing for Covid Clusters, a county school sports team was.
According to the latest state cluster summary, the Smoky Valley Middle School Girls Basketball team is listed as a cluster with five (5) cases as of Monday, November 1.
Other area facilities or groups listed as covid clusters include:
- Buhler grade school in Reno County with 11 cases as of November 8.
- Great Bend High School in Barton County with six (6) cases as of November 5.
- Barton County Road and Bridges in Great Bend with five (5) cases as of November 7.
Currently, McPherson County is showing a rate of 164.2 cases per 1,000 while the state rate is 152.78 per 1,000.
As we reported on Tuesday, McPherson County currently has 4,738 overall cases reported with 98 deaths, here is how other Central Kansas Counties show in numbers:
- Harvey County shows 5,210 cases with 88 deaths.
- Marion County shows 1,734 cases with 34 deaths.
- Reno County shows 11,590 cases with 168 deaths.
- Rice County shows 1,490 cases with 15 deaths.
- Saline County shows 8.701 cases with 185 deaths.
All information can be found at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment website = http://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/160/COVID-19-in-Kansas