By William / www.mcpherson-county-ks.com
MCPHERSON – According to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), as of Wednesday, January 12, McPherson County has four places listed on the newest Covid-19 Cluster Summary Report.
Here is the listing:
- SCHOOL = Soderstrom Elementary School in Lindsborg with 7 cases.
- LONG TERM CARE FACILITY = The Cedars in McPherson with 14 cases.
- LONG TERM CARE FACILITY = Bethany Village in Lindsborg with 6 cases.
- LONG TERM CARE FACILITY = Pine Village in Moundridge with 21 cases.
Other nearby counties and their cluster listings include:
MARION COUNTY =
- Peabody/Burns High School in Peabody.
- Marion Middle School in Marion.
RENO COUNTY =
- Hutchinson Correctional Facility in Hutchinson.
- Hutchinson Health and Rehab in Hutchinson.
SALINE COUNTY =
- St. Francis Center in Salina.
- Presbyterian Manor in Salina.
- Vortex in Salina.
HARVEY COUNTY =
- New Jerusalem Missions in Newton.
- ResCare Community Living in Newton.
- DiversCare of Sedgwick in Sedgwich.
Beyond the cluster numbers, other items about McPherson County fighting Covid-19 include:
- McPherson County ranks 10th in the State for Vaccination Rate.
- McPherson County ranks 17th in the State for Covid-19 Cases per 100,000 – it currently runs at 36 per 100,000.
- McPherson County ranks 21st in the State for Covid Tests per 100,000 – it currently runs at 1,077 per 100,000.