By William / www.mcpherson-county-ks.com
MCPHERSON – When the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) released their Wednesday reports, it showed a sizable upswing of Covid-19 Clusters within McPherson County as 11 facilities are now listed.
The new listings included six listings involving public schools or school activities, one private business, two long-term care facilities and two of the three colleges within the county.
Here is those on the newest Cluster Listings and # of cases shown:
- SCHOOL ACTIVITIES = Smoky Valley Middle School sports teams in Lindsborg with 20 cases.
- SCHOOLS = Soderstrom Elementary School in Lindsborg with 10 cases (an increase of three from last week’s listing).
- SCHOOLS = Smoky Valley High School in Lindsborg with 29 cases.
- SCHOOLS = McPherson High School in McPherson with 12 cases.
- SCHOOLS = Canton/Galva Elementary School in Galva with 13 cases.
- SCHOOLS = Canton/Galva High School in Canton with 9 cases.
- PRIVATE BUSINES = McPherson Board of Public Utilities in McPherson with 7 cases.
- LONG TERM CARE FACILITY = Bethany Home in Lindsborg with 12 cases.
- LONG TERM CARE FACILITY = The Cedars in McPherson with 7 cases.
- COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES = Bethany College in Lindsborg with 8 cases.
- COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES = McPherson College in McPherson with 28 cases.
Neighboring counties and their cluster listings include:
MARION COUNTY =
- Peabody/Burns High School in Peabody.
- Westview manor of Peabody.
HARVEY COUNTY =
- ResCare Community Living in Newton.
RENO COUNTY =
- Hutchinson Correctional Facility in Hutchinson.
SALINE COUNTY =
- St. Francis Center in Salina.
- Presbyterian Manor in Salina.
Beyond the cluster numbers, other items about McPherson County fighting Covid-19 include:
- McPherson County ranks 11th in the State for Vaccination Rate.
- McPherson County ranks 7th in the State for Covid-19 Cases per 100,000 – it currently runs at 41 per 100,000.
- McPherson County ranks 44th in the State for Covid Tests per 100,000 – it currently runs at 1,144 per 100,000.