By William / www.mcpherson-county-ks.com
MCPHERSON – The last 24 hours did not find any relief on Covid cases within McPherson County as the late Thursday night numbers report from the McPherson County Health Department (MCHD) showed another 199 new Covid cases since Tuesday.
This new number brings the total in McPherson County to 6,843 cases overall and 1,018 new cases in the first three weeks of 2022.
With the new number report the County has 824 active cases while 5,908 are considered recovered.
There was a rise of three in the number of individuals currently hospitalized due to Covid as the MCHD noted 10 individuals were currently in the hospital.
One good point was the fact that no new deaths were reported.
The hardest hit age group continues to be those aged 0-17 as 46 new cases developed giving the age group 134 new cases in the past week.
Those fully vaccinated rose .2% to an even 54.0% and breakthrough cases (those who tested positive after being vaccinated) rose slightly to 713, though no change has happened in several weeks for those vaccinated who need to be hospitalized or may have died (only 16 breakthrough cases required being in the hospital and only four have died).
UPDATED CASE DATA (# change since last report on Tuesday, January 18):
- New cases since our last report = 199
- Current active cases = 824
- Cases with known exposure = 3,885 (+ 117)
- Cases with an unknown exposure = 2,958 (+ 82)
- Cases involving those individuals 60 years and older = 1,664 (+ 28)
- Cases involving those individuals 50-59 years old = 827 (+ 15)
- Cases involving those individuals 40-49 years old = 921 (+ 34)
- Cases involving those individuals 30-39 years old = 993 (+ 40)
- Cases involving those individuals 18-29 years old = 1,386 (+ 36)
- Cases involving those individuals under 17 years old = 1,046 (+ 46)
- Female involved cases = 3,567 (+ 125)
- Male involved cases = 3,276 (+ 74)
- Those cases requiring Hospitalization (May not represent current hospitalizations) = 283 (+ 4)
- Those cases resulting an individual’s death = 111 (No Change)
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Patients who have died by age = 90+ (24); 80-89 (36); 70-79 (24); 60-69 (19); 50-59 (4); 40-49 (2); 30-39 (2); 20-29 (0); 10-19 (0); 0-9 (0).