By William / www.mcpherson-county-ks.com
MCPHERSON – On Thursday, the McPherson County Health Department (MCHD) released a new Covid Report and it showed an overall count of 7,504 cases which means in the past week (since Thursday, January 27) McPherson County has recorded 194 new cases.
A positive point on the report, the number of active cases has dropped to 379, a huge drop from the 736 on the report a week ago.
A negative point on the report, the number of those currently hospitalized from Covid or complications from having it has risen to 13, up nine from a week ago. Overall, 300 country residents have required hospitalization.
No new deaths were reported, another positive and we now have 7,011 considered fully recovered.
The number of county residents considered fully vaccinated rose slightly by .2% to 54.3%.
Breakthrough cases now stands at 860 with 22 requiring hospitalization.
The positivity rate for McPherson County as reported by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment dropped to 34% as of January 23, a drop of 5.19% since the previous report.
UPDATED CASE DATA (# change since last report on Thursday, January 27):
- New cases since our last report = 194
- Current active cases = 379 (- 357)
- Female involved cases = 3,923 (+ 116)
- Male involved cases = 3,581 (+ 78)
- Those cases requiring Hospitalization (May not represent current hospitalizations) = 300 (+ 9)
- Those cases resulting an individual’s death = 114 (no change)
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Patients who have died by age = 90+ (26); 80-89 (36); 70-79 (24); 60-69 (20); 50-59 (5); 40-49 (2); 30-39 (2); 20-29 (0); 10-19 (0); 0-9 (0).